Words Matter: NVC intro online (AnnaB)-8 consecutive Thursdays
13 July @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
“The quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life.” Esther Perel
This course is an online 8-evening introduction to NVC
If you struggle with:
- repeating the same old, painful patterns in conversations with your partner, friends, colleagues
- having honest conversations without guilt, shame or blame
- saying “no” when you mean it
- asking for what you really want
Then join Anna for this eight evening online course. It’s designed for anyone who cares about having more harmony, joy and openness in relationships.
You will be gently guided to:
- shift beyond anger and blame
- listen with empathy
- understand why you feel the way you do, and what to do about it
- say ‘no’ and hear ‘no’ from others (then discovering the ‘yes’ behind these statements)
- practice making effective requests
- have difficult conversations
- manage your own reactivity
- implement Nonviolent Communication (NVC) into your life.
This is a hands-on course. We spend time learning new NVC concepts or processes and lots of time practising them in pairs, threes and small groups.
- listen a little, practise a lot
- discuss your home practice
- reflect on what worked and what was challenging
- feel recharged in the company of those who also seek connection
when: 8 consecutive Thursday evenings 19:00-21:00, starting on July 13th
where: Zoom (online)
$$ request: a choice of 240-560 (to be paid in full once the course has finished)
to sign up: https://www.annabanas.co.nz/event-details-registration/words-matter-course
Anna Banas is a mum, parenting consultant, lecturer and researcher. For over a decade, Anna has consulted and coached parents, teachers and care-givers in workshops, courses and private sessions. Her work as a researcher and lecturer in Early Childhood Education and child development underpins all her trainings. Her unique skill is to combine the science of child development, with Nonviolent Communication skills and coaching experience – to create practical approaches anyone can use.
Previous attendees say:
“This course was life-changing. I can now change the way I speak to myself and others, and to pause before I lose my shit. And all learnt in such a great community. Thank you Anna for your gentle, humorous, honest leadership and guidance” Helen, Dunedin