Are you looking for ways to create more harmony, closeness and cooperation with the children and young people in your life?
Join us for this 8-week, online, introductory course where we use the principles and skills of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) to explore ways to nurture lifelong relationships with the children in your life based on deep connection, mutual respect, trust and authenticity.
This is an NVC foundations course with a specific focus on bringing the wisdom, practical skills and consciousness of NVC to parents, and anyone else who lives with, works with or cares for children. In the course, we also incorporate teaching about neuroscience and interpersonal psychology to help participants understand their own, and their children’s, behaviour and nervous system responses in different situations.
Connecting with children: Foundations of NVC for Parents
8 weekly sessions, Online via zoom
Tuesday mornings, 9:30 – 12 pm, starting 17 October 2023 (Term 4)
In this supportive online learning environment, we will explore ways to:
- Connect more deeply with your child, even in challenging moments.
- Talk so that your child is able to hear you.
- Hear what your child is REALLY saying, no matter how they express it.
- Inspire cooperation without using threat, punishment, or reward.
- Understand where challenging behaviour comes from.
- Keep your cool in moments of stress, and have compassion for yourself when you “lose it”.
- Transform anger into connection.
- Bring more joy, fun and love for yourself and your family!
- A written summary of each session.
- “Homeplay” practices to take home and apply
- A zoom recording of the session to view available for three weeks after each session (see Terms and Conditions)
- Lifetime access to all written course materials in a private Google drive
Click here to find out more information and to book your place.