Words Matter – Intro to NVC ONLINE (AnnaB)-8 Thursday evenings
8 September @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The way we speak and the way we hear what others say matters. It matters to our wellbeing, our relationships, perhaps even to the joy and aliveness we experience!
If you would like to explore getting beyond emotional triggers and unsupportive ways of communicating…
If you would like to explore what it would be like to be able to hear and speak without blame, shame or guilt…
If you would like to explore how to get more harmony in your relationship (or maybe more fun and joy!)…
Come join us on this 8-week journey into implementing Nonviolent Communication (NVC) into your life.
During these 8 sessions we will experiment with practical tools that might help you with:
– shifting beyond anger and blame;
– seeing the difference between judgment and observations and the impact they have on our communication;
– understanding the relationship between feelings, judgments and needs;
– listening with empathy (to others and yourself);
– saying ‘no’ and hearing ‘no’ from others (and finding the ‘yes’ behind it)
– making effective requests;
– having difficult conversations and managing our own reactivity.
This course is experiential – we will spend some time learning new NVC concepts or processes, and lots of time practising them in pairs, threes and small groups.
During each session we will:
– discuss our home practice;
– explore one concept and process and apply it in exercises;
– discuss possibilities for shifting our habits.
WHERE: ZOOM (in your living room, on the couch, in the bathtub?)
WHEN: Eight consecutive Thursday evenings starting September 8th, 19:00-21:00NZT
INVESTMENT: choice between 240-560$
TO REGISTER: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill in this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1g0cnLHaXEM286prG4-e_w28xPW7joPZJ-v-sva1HGTs
With any questions, get in touch via e-mail or phone (021-08583114)
Facilitated by Anna Strycharz-Banas, PhD – mother of three, wife, researcher, facilitator, mediator. I have been supporting communities, families and individuals in bringing NVC into their lives and workplaces since 2015